Why is this product so powerful for controlling mechanism for UAVs, autonomous vehicles and image stabilization systems? Well, since it uses 3 sensors, an ITG-3200 (MEMS triple-axis gyro), ADXL345(triple-axis accelerometer), and HMC5883L (triple-axis magnetometer), this allows an inertial measurement of 9 degrees. Also, the output gets over a serial interface after being processed on-board ATmega328 and that’s what allows it to have such great powers.
In addition to that, 8MHz Arduino boot loader (stk500v1 comes already programmed with the board.
Read the following steps in order to understand more about it:
1. Connect to the serial TX and RX pins with a 3.3V FTDI Basic Breakout
2. Open a terminal program to 57600bps and a menu will guide you through testing the sensors
3. You can use the Arduino IDE to program your code onto the 9DOF, just select the 'Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (3.3v, 8mhz) w/ATmega328' as your board.
4. The 9DOF operates at 3.3VDC; any power supplied to the white JST connector will be regulated down to this operating voltage
Having a hard time picking an IMU? Our Accelerometer, Gyro, and IMU Buying Guide might help!
Note: This product is a collaboration with Jordi Munoz of 3d Robotics. A portion of each sales goes back to them for product support and continued development.
- 9 Degrees of Freedom on a single, flat board:
- ITG-3200 - triple-axis digital-output gyroscope
- ADXL345 - 13-bit resolution, ±16g, triple-axis accelerometer
- HMC5883L - triple-axis, digital magnetometer
- Outputs of all sensors processed by on-board ATmega328 and sent out via a serial stream
- Autorun feature and help menu integrated into the example firmware
- Output pins match up with FTDI Basic Breakout, Bluetooth Mate, XBee Explorer
- 3.5-16VDC input
- ON-OFF control switch and reset switch
Dimensions: 1.1" x 1.6" (28 x 41mm)
Tutorials - look at our tutorials:
- The Razor Monologue (By ZeroOhm customer Omar Lim, thanks!)
- Eagle Files
- Test Firmware
- Datasheet (ITG-3200)
- Datasheet (ADXL345)
- Datasheet (HMC5883L)
- Python Graphic interface
- AHRS Code
- AHRS/Head-tracker Tutorial (Thanks Peter!)
9 Degrees of Freedom - Razor IMU
- Brand: manufacturer
- Product Code:ITG-3200
- 498.75 AED
- Ex Tax:460.00 AED